Since being founded in 1991, Zatec S.A. has been dedicated to injection moulding of small and technical parts in engineering plastic, with injected weight ranging from 0.1 to 320 g. approx.
That is their vocation, but they can obviously develop projects for simpler parts in common plastics as well. They deal with mould management, at times working alongside different suppliers depending on the difficulty of the part, thus optimizing the cost of tooling. Do you have an idea and need help with design and project management? We offer a comprehensive service for products, from design through prototype and mould to serial production.
Zatec is a flexible company and as such they can supply both small series and large batches. Since 2005, they have been strategically located in Muel, Zaragoza, with a floor area of approximately 3347 m2, with expansion possibilities of up to 4200 m2. ZATEC works for various sectors, mainly for the automotive industry. And that is why they are ISO/TS-16949 standard certified, supplying products to different production plants of their customers as a First-Choice supplier.
We work for various sectors, the main sector being the automotive industry, and within this, we focus on the following segments:
• System fluid transfer
• Anti-vibration systems
• Underhood parts
• Interior parts (roofs, seats…)
• Monitoring production through PC terminals on machines connected to the company’s ERP system.
• A drying facility for materials by means of dehumidified air and an automatic conveying system to machines.
• 18 Injection machines from 15 to 250 Tons. Brands: Mainly, Arburg and Krauss Maffei. We inject small and technical parts from 0,1 to about 320 gr. in engineering plastics.
• 3D measuring machine combines optical and tactile measurements in one system (Hexagon).
• Other complementary activities:
– 2 welding units, rotation and ultrasonic.
– 4 pad printing equipment, these units can work together or individually.
– Assembly section and climatic chamber for hygroscopic materials.
FUNCTIONS IN VEHICLE
Structural parts and body
Zatec is an auxiliary company, manufacturing on demand, working alongside the client, for engineering plastic technical parts such as: PC, PBT, POM, PA6, PA6.6, PA4.6, PA12, PPA, etc. with different fillers and additives, as well as thermoplastic elastomers, among others.
Within the automotive industry, supply parts to those Tier1 manufacturers who require technical parts to incorporate into their product, and for any of the vehicle’s functions marked below. Export of products as a “First-Choice supplier” to different countries in North America, South America, Europe and Asia.